Dr. P.G ROMEO
Professor & Head
Department of Mathematics
Cochin University of Science And Technology
E-Mail : email@example.com
RESEARCH AND TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- PhD from university of Kerala, 1993.
- Worked as post doctoral fellow at Centre for Math.Science from 1993 to 1995.
- Assistant Professor at S. N.College, Nattika from 1995- 2001.
- Assistant Professor at T. M. Govt. College Tirur from 2001-2002.
- Worked as Associate Professor at G. E. C Thrissur from 2002 to 2011.
- Professor at Department of Mathematics CUSAT from 2011 onwards.
- Title of the Thesis : Cross connections of concordant semigroups
MAJOR FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Algebraic Theory of Semigroups.
- Linear Algebra.
- Module Theory.
- Functional Analysis.
- Theory of Categories.
- Algebraic Topology.
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS (International Journals)
- Universal Regular Semigroup of a Concordant Semigroup, Bull. Calcutta Math. Soc 88, 7 - 36 (1996).
- Concordant Semigroups and Balanced Categories, The Southeast Asian Bulletin of Mathematics, (2007) 31; 949 - 961.
- Fundamental Weakly abundant semigroups, Journal of Algebra and Discrete Structures, Vol.7 (2009), No1, pp. 43 - 51
- Concordant categories and semigroups, Advances in Algebra, Vol 3, No 1, (2010) pp 63 - 77.
- Fundamental Representation of Weakly Adequate Semigroups, Advances in Algebra, Vol 4, No.1 (2011) pp 1 - 8.
- Coextensions of Abundant Semigroups, The Southeast Asian Bulletin of Mathematics, (2011), 35, 1 - 5.
- On Category of S - Sets, Journal of Algebra and Discrete Structures, Vol.9 (2011) No 1, pp. 19 - 29.
- Natural Partial Order on Some Class of Semigroups; (jointly with M.S Jisha), International Journal of Algebra, Vol. 8 ( 2014) No. 10, 479 - 484.
- On Rees Matrix Semirings (jointly with R. Akhila), Advances in Algebra, Vol 7 ( 2014).
- Structure of Concordant Semigroups-II ; Cross-connections, Academic Publishing AG&Co Saarbrucken Dudweiler LandstraBe 99, 66123 Saarbrucken Germany 2010.
- Publications in National/International Conferences 15 Numbers.
- Tensors, Fractals and Integral transforms. Department of Mathematics, Govt. Engineering College, Thrissur, 2009.
COURSES TAUGHT DURING THE LAST FIVE YEARS
- For PhD Course work
Theory of Semigroups , Theory of Generalized Inverses
- For M.Phil course
Algebra, Group Representation Theory.
- For MSc course
Abstract Algebra, Linear Algebra, Algebraic Topology, Functional Analysis and Real Analysis.
INVITED TALKS DURING THE LAST THREE YEARS
- International Conference on Algebra and its Applications (ICAA-10), Department of Mathematics, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, February 20 - 22 2011.
- Invited talk given in the International Conference on Groupoids, Semigroups and Automata, Department of Mathematics, University of Kerala, August 2011.
- Talk on Rees Matrix Semigroup over a Band given in the 11 conference of International Academy of Physical Sciences ( CONIAPS - XI ), June 19 - 21, 2011.
- Invited lectures at the vacation training programme at the National Academy of Sciences, Allahabad, India, June 12 - 13, 2011.
- Invitedtalk On Weakly Orthodox Semigroups in the National Conference, Govt. College Kattapana, November 28 - 30, 2012.
- Invited Talk given in the National Seminar on Algebra organized by Department of Mathematics, University of Kerala, 26 th March 2013.
- Invited talk at the Workshop on Syllabus Revision for P.G.Courses in Mathematics organized by Department of Mathematics, University of Kerala, 10-11July2013.
- Invited talk in the National Workshop-cum-Colloquium on Applicable Mathematics in Basic Science Education & Research organized by Srinivasa Ramanujan Institute for Basic Science under KSCSTE during 05 - 07 April 2013.
- Invited talk on von Neumann Algebras and Biordered Sets in the International Conference Algebra and Discrete Mathematics by the Department Mathematics, Govt. College Kattapana during March 04 - 06, 2014.
- Talk on "Singular Value Decompositions" in the training programme on "Machine learning techniques and its applications" organized by department of computer Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, Cherthala, March 2014.
- Talk on "Generalized Inverses and Factorization of Matrices" in the UGC National Seminar on Advance Mathematical Analysis and Operator Theory organized by Department of Mathematics, Aquinas College, Kochi, January 23 - 24, 2014.
- Talk on "Inverse and Generalized Inverses" in the UGC National seminar at Cochin College, Kochi, Octaber - 2014.
- Talk on "Moore Penrose Inverses and Inverse Semigroups" Dept. of Mathematics, Maharajas College, Eranakulam, October 2014.
- Invited talk entitled "Biordered sets and Von Neumann Regular Rings" at the International Conference on Algebra and its Applications (ICAA - 2014), Department of Mathematics, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, December 15 - 17, 2014.
NATIONAL / INTERNATIONAL SEMINARS ORGANIZED
- Convener, National Conference on Algebra and Number Theory (NCANT-2012) ,Department of Mathematics, CUSAT, August 16-18, 2012.
- Convener, Instructional Workshop on Semigroups and Applications, Department of Mathematics, CUSAT, February 22-24, 2014.
- Convener, International Conference on Semigroups, Algebras and Operator Theory (ICSAOT-2014) , Department of Mathematics, CUSAT, February 26-28, 2014.
OTHER SPECIAL DISTINCTION
- Mentor/ Resource person for INSPIRE Programme, Department of Science and Technology, NewDelhi.
DETAILS OF MEMBERSHIP HELD
- Life member Kerala Mathematical Association, also acted as chapter secretary and executive committee member for the period 2001 - 2004.
- Member in the Board of Studies (U.G) of the University of Calicut for the period 2007 - 2010.
- Life member Indian Mathematical Association, 2013.