Dr. V.B. KIRAN KUMAR
Department of Mathematics
Cochin University of Science And Technology
E-Mail : email@example.com
- Ph.D. in Mathematics ( March 2013)
Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin, India (January 2009 - November 2012)
- M.Sc. in Mathematics (May 2008), First Class with Distinction
Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala with CGPA 08.94 ( 2006- 2008).
- Assistant Professor (24 July 2015-till date) Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin, India.
- Assistant Professor (14 March 2014-23 July 2015) PSMO College Tirurangadi, India.
- Assistant Professor (05 November 2012-02 September 2013) University of Calicut, Kerala, India.
- Guest Lecturer(31.07.2008 − 08.01.2009) Nirmalagiri College, Koothuparamba, Thalassery,
- Principal Investigator, UGC Start-up Research Grant, Rs. 10,00,000/− (February 2017-till date), Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin, India.
- Visiting Scientist (October 2013-March 2014) Kerala School Of Mathematics, Kozhikode,
- Deepesh K.P., V. B. Kiran Kumar. Approximation of entropy numbers, Complex Analysis And Operator Theory, 13:3429-3440, 2019.
- V. B. Kiran Kumar, M. N. N. Namboodiri, and Rahul Rajan. A short survey on preconditioners and Korovkin- type theorems, (To appear in Journal of Analysis).
- V. B. Kiran Kumar, M. N. N. Namboodiri, and Rahul Rajan, A Korovkin-type theory for non-self-adjoint Toeplitz operators, Linear Algebra Appl., 543:140–161, 2018.
- V. B. Kiran Kumar and G. Krishna Kumar, A note on discrete Borg-type theorems. Linear and Multilinear Algebra, 66(7):1418–1433, 2017.
- Sabu Sebastian and V. B. Kiran Kumar, Real powers of bounded linear operators, Int. J. Appl. Comput. Math., 3(2):645–650, 2017.
- V. B. Kiran Kumar, Preconditioners in spectral approximation, Ann. Funct. Anal., 7(2):326–337, 2016.
- V. B. Kiran Kumar, Truncation method for random bounded self-adjoint operators, Banach J. Math. Anal., 9(3):98–113, 2015.
- V. B. Kiran Kumar, M. N. N. Namboodiri, and S. Serra-Capizzano, Preconditioners and Korovkin-type theorems for infinite-dimensional bounded linear operators via completely positive maps, Studia Math., 218(2):95–118, 2013.
- V. B. Kiran Kumar, M. N. N. Namboodiri, and S. Serra-Capizzano, Perturbation of operators and approximation of spectrum, Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. Math. Sci., 124(2):205–224, 2014.
- L. Golinskii, V. B. Kiran Kumar, M. N. N. Namboodiri, and S. Serra-Capizzano, A note on a discrete version of Borg?s theorem via Toeplitz-Laurent operators with matrix-valued symbols. Boll. Unione Mat. Ital. (9), 6(1):205–218, 2013.
- Banach Algebra & Spectral Theory for M.Sc. Semester IV
- Probability Theory for M.Sc. Semester IV
- Topics in Analysis
- Banach Algebras
- Advanced Spectral Theory
- M.Sc. Courses
- Functional Analysis
- Linear Algebra
- Complex Analysis
- Differential Geometry
- Partial Differential Equations
- Wavelet Analysis
- Banach Algebra & Spectral Theory
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Real Analysis
- Abstract Algebra
- Sarath Kumar N.S.
- Mathew Thomas (2018- to present)
- Rahul Rajan (2016- to present)
- MPhil students -
- Kiran Antony (2019- to present)
- Sulfath Salim (2018-19)
- Vidya Venugopal (2017-18)
- Rachel Paul (2017-18)
- Anumol Joseph (2016-17)
- Job Mathai (2016-17)
- Rani P R (2015-16)
- Kerala State Young Scientist Award 2017 by KSCSTE, Govt. of Kerala.
- National Board for Higher Mathematics(NBHM)-Postdoctoral Fellowship 2013.
- CSIR JRF 2009.
- KSCSTE Research Fellowship 2008.
- Research Workshop on Wavelets and Frames, Department of Mathematics, Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Cochin, Kerala during 24-26 March 2018 (Coordinator).
- Two-days training programme for M.Sc. Students Department of Mathematics, Cochin University of Science and Technology, during 04-05 February, 2017(Coordinator).
- Research Workshop on Analysis, Department of Mathematics, Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Cochin, Kerala during 25-28 July 2016 (Coordinator)
- UGC Start-up Research Grant, Rs. 10, 00, 000/−
- Coordinator of the Virtual Centre : Advanced Research in Basic Science, CUSAT since January 2019.
- IQAC Member, CUSAT, 2018-19.
- Head of the Department, Department of Mathematics, CUSAT from November 2017 to July 2018.
- Regional Coordinator for M. A. and M.Sc. Scholarship Test and Research Scholarship screening Test conducted by National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM).
- Regional Coordinator for Simon Marais Mathematic Competitions (SMMC conducted world wide by Simon Marais Trust based in Australia)